Holidays at the Center
From all of us at The Center for Women and Families, we wish you peace and joy this holiday season and throughout the new year!
We believe everyone has the right to safety and peace. Because of your support, our advocates can continue providing critical services and empowering survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault as they build safer lives for themselves and their families. Thank you for your generosity as we work to create a more loving community.
YOU can make an impact this holiday season! The holidays can be a difficult time for many of our clients and those who love them. This time of year, you can help support the Center’s clients in the following ways:
- Toys: Help Santa bring toys to families in our care. Items must be new, non-plush and unwrapped for ages newborn to teen. Gift ideas include dolls, board games, activity kits, etc. See details below about donating goods.
- Gift cards: Empower those we serve and help them on their journey to breaking free and taking control of their lives. Gift cards to Amazon, Kohl’s, Target, Walmart, Meijer, and Kroger are appreciated and may be mailed to The Center for Women and Families, P.O. Box 2048, Louisville, KY 40201.
- Financial support: Every day, we depend on the financial generosity of this community to keep our doors open. Your gift allows us to continue providing free services to individuals in their darkest hours.
- Wish list: Help make the holidays a little brighter for families experiencing violence by donating a much-needed Wish List item of gift cards, toiletries, diapers, and feminine hygiene products.
- Educate: Read our latest blog post about managing domestic violence and its impacts around the holidays, including a personal account from a local family who lost their loved one in 2020.
If you plan to donate items/goods, please keep in mind:
- Items must be new and unwrapped (no gift bags, please). Used clothing or toys cannot be accepted.
- Home-baked goods cannot be accepted (no matter how yummy!).
- Due to confidentiality and safety, donors may not interact directly with clients.
- Please plan to deliver your donation(s) to the Center at 927 S. 2nd Street, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., or by appointment.
Thank you for supporting the Center and the people we serve!
Questions? Contact Erin Cooper, Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.